Déardaoin, Meitheamh 03, 2010

OWH Public Pulse, 6/3/2010

Show proper respect for anthem

"I’m disgusted with something that happened last month at Omaha’s Rosenblatt Stadium. As the national anthem was being sung, A MAN WHO APPEARED TO BE HISPANIC sat during the entire song.
I looked at him a couple of times, and all I got was a defiant stare. I knew he could stand, though, because when the staff tossed free T-shirts into the crowd, he jumped up.Even those he was with were very hesitant before finally standing for the anthem. I’m a senior citizen, and I’ve never seen this happen before. Tell me again why I’m wrong for siding with Arizona’s law?"

Al Clinchard, Omaha



I have a strong feeling that any sunburned Swede who does something this man disapproves of will suddenly start looking a lot browner to him.


And as a bonus civics lesson for the day, civilians are under no obligation, either legal or moral, to do anything at all while the National Anthem is being played. Feel free to stay in your seat if you like, and if someone has a problem with that tell them to go fuck themselves for freedom.

No comments: