Dé Máirt, Bealtaine 15, 2007

A voice spoke to me today

I woke up at nine A.M. today and felt quite proud of myself. Today would be a good day, a productive day, I was just an hour behind the rest of the world. I stood up and walked towards the shower.

Just then, though an overwhelming thought came to my head. It was so powerful that it could only be called a voice, and since I am not mad, a bit unstable perhaps, but not mad, there was only one explanation.

It was God, God was telling me to go back to bed, and he created in me the irresistible
urge to obey. And I did, I am a child of God, I am his humble servant.

When I woke up at eleven I was shamed, but the voice said nothing. I could feel the angry glare of our Lord staring down on me as I dressed and walked to campus.

If our Lord means to make a prophet of me than I am of course his humble servant. Otherwise, he surely understands that I have business to attend to and I can't just sit there while he dallies around.

Right now God is telling me not to clean my apartment. Who am I to refuse?

No comments: