Déardaoin, Feabhra 14, 2008

Valentine's Day.

My last girlfriend got angry when she told me not to buy her anything for Valentine's day and I did anyway.

The one before that got angry when she told me not to buy her anything for Valentine's Day and I took her at her word.

It's a terribly strange pretense for a holiday. Romantic relationships are not inherently good, nor are they necessarily of any benefit to society at large. The idea that "having somebody" is more likely to lead to happiness than remaining single is Puritanism, nothing more. At any rate, couples do have their own personal anniversary's. It's very much like having a personal birthday for one self and than having a big public "Life Day" or some such nonsense.

To sum things up as politely as possible; a woman who takes Valentine's Day seriously is a bigger turnoff than AIDS.

No comments: