Déardaoin, Samhain 01, 2007

To the 40-year old woman who hit on me at O'Rourke's

Sorry if I was evasive. You're perfectly good-looking and lovely, and normally I would love to. I appreciate experience in all things. But I have a cold, and the simple act of maintaining a five minute conversation is incredibly draining.

I've been using a cheap vodka/cheap coffee mixture as a decongestant. I took a five hour nap between 5:30 and 10:30 P.M and only dragged myself out of bed out of a sense of moral obligation.

It is Halloween after all. So I felt that it was the least I could do to go to the O street strip and pay my respects to the holiday by sitting in a dark corner of the bar huddled in my coat, scowling at any hint of human interaction, and exposing hundreds of innocent strangers to my virus.

No comments: