Dé hAoine, Meán Fómhair 22, 2006

Hugo Chavez kicks ass

If Chavez had done nothing more than pull out a Noam Chomsky book and start awkwardly pimping it before the United Nations like he was trying to impress a clove smoking girl in his poly-sci class, that would have been enough.

( I thought the bush-Devil comparision was pretty lame. Bush is a bloody tyrant, but there have been lots of those. It doesn't make him the devil.)

But the real golden moment came later in a news conference, where Chavez expressed regret that he didn't get a chance to meet Chomsky while he was still alive.

I am only a mediocre writer, my prose cannot describe how funny this is. If you saw the news conference, and didn't consider it the funniest thing you have ever heard, I question your sanity. This is Monty Python trading jokes with Mark Twain while huffing gasoline.

Just imagine said clove smoking girl saying that she wishes she had met Noam Chomsky while he was still alive. Imagine the hilarity. Now consider the fact that a fucking head of state said this.

Senor, that kind or talk may get you kicked out of the coffee shop, but you will always be a friend of mine, stop by my place whenever you like. You'll like me, I'm as proletarian as they come.

I had matured beyond the point of stupidly rebelling against adult authority without knowing what I was rebelling against. Now I have matured some more, and I see that everyone really is an idiot, and the biggest idiots really are in charge. How reassuring.

No comments: