Dé Sathairn, Bealtaine 23, 2009

It's True What They Say About Eating After Midnight

I slept from 10:30 until 2:30 and then 5:00 till eight. In between I had leftover ribs that my mother made, I hadn't eaten much in the past two days. True nightmares, looming and inevitibility. Material and romantic disasters, unstoppible acts of a vengeful and jealous hearth God. I'm leaving. I returned back to North Platte to leave forever. I'm seeing my grandparents for probably the last time. Testosterone rush. Trolling for random women on Craigslist. Danger. I have a friction burn on my middle finger that comes from I know not where. Danger. A sense of power bent and distorted like a midday drunk. I don't give a damn. This time the flames will lead somewhere. Perfect confidence for nothing in particular.

No comments: